A cruising chute is primarily the same as a gennaker or asymmetric spinnaker. However, cruising chutes tend to be a little easier to handle than a racing asymmetric sail and in many cases they are more modest in size and are cut a little more conservatively. Ideal for the short-handed or family sailor, we make sure that we build you a long-lasting addition to your sail wardrobe.
- Design features we incorporate into all of our cruising chutes include:
- Computer designed utilising the latest software.
- Radial cut to reduce stretch by laying the major thread lines along the heaviest load lines.
- Laser cutting of cloth to ensure accuracy of cutting and precision of joints.
- Layered reinforcing at the head, tack and clew areas.
- Hydraulically pressed stainless steel rings at the head, tack and clew.
- Glued seams, shaped and sewn with UV thread.
- Webbing fitted at the head, tack and clew.
- Hand finishing throughout.