A spinnaker is designed specifically for sailing off the wind, with the wind 90°–180° off the bow. Fabric choice is critical, as a spinnaker must be light enough to fly in light airs, yet strong enough to cope with an unexpected gust. We take time to design the panel shapes and seams to ensure that this tricky compromise is optimised.
- Design features we incorporate into all of our spinnakers include:
- Computer designed utilising the latest software.
- Radial cut to reduce stretch by laying the major thread lines along the heaviest load lines.
- Laser cutting of cloth to ensure accuracy of cutting and precision of joints.
- Layered reinforcing at the head, tack and clew areas.
- Hydraulically pressed stainless steel rings at the head, tack and clew.
- Glued seams, shaped and sewn with UV thread.
- Webbing fitted at the head and clews.
- Launch bag.
- Hand finishing throughout.