The gennaker, made from colourful, rip-stop nylon spinnaker cloth and bi-radial in design, is easier to use than a spinnaker and makes a great choice for sailing off the wind in light winds. We ensure that our design criteria and cloth choice give you great downwind performance.
Design features we incorporate into all of our gennakers include:
- Computer designed utilising the latest software.
- Radial cut to reduce stretch by laying the major thread lines along the heaviest load lines.
- Laser cutting of cloth to ensure accuracy of cutting and precision of joints.
- Layered reinforcing at the head, tack and clew areas.
- Hydraulically pressed stainless steel rings at the head, tack and clew.
- Glued seams, shaped and sewn with UV thread.
- Webbing fitted at the head, tack and clew.
- Hand finishing throughout.