The mainsail is used more than any other sail on a boat, so its design, material and componentry choice and construction methods are critical to delivering a long-lasting, high performing product.
- Design features we incorporate into all of our mainsails include:
- Computer designed utilising the latest software.
- Cross cut or radial cut to reduce stretch by laying the major thread lines along the heaviest load lines.
- Laser cutting of cloth to ensure accuracy of cutting and precision of joints.
- Layered reinforcing at the head, tack and clew areas.
- Double taped luff for strength and ease of handling.
- Pre-stretched terylene rope in foot.
- Fibreglass battens in pockets sewn onto patches rather than directly onto the sail.
- Reefing points incorporating anti-stretch tape and layered reinforcing at both luff and leech to minimise distortion across the sail.
- Seams shaped and sewn with U.V. thread.
- Leech line with cleats.
- Sail insignia as standard.
- Hand finishing throughout.